Who it's For
This integration is for anyone who spends a meaningful amount of time managing projects in Trello. This integration provides a way to use a standalone purpose-built CRM to support your sales efforts, while also recognizing your preference for managing your Boards, Cards, and Checklists in Trello.
- Active Trello account. (Sign up for Trello here.)
- Active Intro CRM account. (Sign up for Intro CRM here.)
How it Works
You will click a toggle switch in Intro CRM to begin the integration process. You will be guided through a brief series of steps to connect your two separate Intro CRM and Trello accounts.
Once the accounts are connected, when you Add Deals in Intro CRM, they will be pushed as a Cards in your Trello account. This is currently a one-way sync, taking the Intro CRM Deal—at the time that you add it—and pushing it into Trello.
You can disable the integration any time. Disabling the integration simply severs the connection between the two; this is separate than deleting your data on either platform.
- You can integrate a Trello account that doesn’t share the same email as your Intro CRM account.
- You can’t integrate a Trello account that shares another Intro CRM user’s email.
- You can’t sign up with an email that has been used to integrate another user’s Trello account.
- Intro CRM can't post to more than one Trello account
- If you are logged out of Trello, you will need to sign in for Intro CRM to authorize the integration.
- Trello access authorization never expires unless disabled by the user.
- Users may have trouble with the integration if cookies are disabled.
- Cards can be added to projects that are trashed (not permanently deleted) and archived.
Enabling the Integration
Initiate the Integration in Intro CRM
Log into your Intro CRM account and head to the Account page and Integrations section.
Click the toggle switch next to Trello, beginning the integration process. You must complete the guided steps in order to complete the integration.
Allow Access in Trello
Sign in to your Trello account.
If you are not logged into Trello, you will be prompted to login. It should look like this. If you are already logged in, skip this step.
Allow access to your Trello account.
Once you are logged in, you will see a prompt to allow the Intro CRM app to access your Trello account. This is required in order to proceed.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Allow button to allow access.
Configuring the Integration in Intro CRM
You will be prompted to select which of the Trello boards you want to integrate with. If you don't have any boards, a new one will be created for you.
If you select a pre-existing board, you will be prompted to select which List on that board you want your newly created cards to go. If you leave the List blank, we will create a new List for you.
There will be three indicators that your integration is successful:
- The toggle switch will be switched "on" (towards the right).
- An alert will appear in the top bar of your Intro CRM screen.
- You will receive an email notification confirming the integration.
Using Intro CRM with Trello
Every time you add a new deal, it will now be added to Trello as a Card, under the Account and Board that you selected earlier. As you manage your work moving forward, you can add Checklists under the deal-based Card.
In the following example, I've created a new deal entitled Fakeblock web analytics implementation, using the Add & Edit workflow in Intro CRM.
You can see that Intro CRM Deal appear as a new Card in Trello under the Intro CRM project.
In practice, your next step would be to create specific Checklist tasks. See one example below. Note that because this is a one-way sync, your Deal in Intro and your Card in Trello are separate.
Disabling the Integration
You can disable the integration any time by toggling the switch "off" so it is resting on the left. Note: This does not delete data in either Intro CRM or Trello, it simply severs the connection between the two.
Trello is a registered trademark of Trello Inc.